- This event has passed.
ISAR-37: Climate-related financial disclosures in mainstream entity reporting: Good practices and key challenges
November 5 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm UTC+0
This panel will discuss recent developments in climate-related financial disclosures in mainstream entity reporting. In particular, the following issues will be addressed:
- What are the key achievements and good practices on improving climate-related financial disclosures?
- What progress has been made and what are the main challenges in the practical implementation of key pronouncements in this area, such as the 2017 report of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures? What role can Governments play in this regard?
- How can the quality, comparability and reliability of such reporting and its consistency with accounting requirements be facilitated? What tools and guiding materials are needed to facilitate the process?
- Should climate-related financial disclosure be voluntary or mandatory?
- What is the most efficient way to build the technical capacities necessary to prepare meaningful climate-related financial disclosures?
- Could the UNCTAD/ISAR Guidance on Core Indicators represent a useful tool to facilitate the comparability of baseline data related to climate change?
- How can ISAR better support countries in their efforts to improve climate change related reporting and implement the TCFD recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures?
To view the complete list of speakers and the agenda, click here.