The City of London’s Green Finance Initiative, in partnership with PRI and CDP, is delighted to invite you to a unique climate-related event – the UK’s first TCFD Preparers Forum. Bringing businesses and the financial sector together to learn how both preparers implementing TCFD and how data users are integrating this new information into their financial products, services and investments.
It has been over a year since the publication of the TCFD recommendations. A notable feature of these recommendations is to ask both corporates and financial institutions (banks, insurance companies, asset owners, asset managers) to prepare and disclose climate-related risks and opportunities.
What has been the response from these “preparers” to the recommendations? What are the key takeaways from this and the initial TCFD reporting over the past 12 months? How to tackle and use climate scenarios? What are the key outstanding challenges for the year ahead?
Addressing these questions from both a practical and policy perspective will be the main focus of the event. This event is set to bring together senior representatives from industry, BEIS, the Bank of England, UK financial regulators and the TCFD secretariat to provide updates on the TCFD in a UK context and share their experiences. Panel discussions and interactive sessions will focus on:
- Insights on from the TCFD secretariat, PRI & CDP on the response so far from financial institutions and corporates
- How to get started on TCFD. What investors are looking for from corporates and how they are using this information.
- Guidance for developing a multi-year strategy to adopt TCFD
- Demonstration of climate scenario tools and developments in data capture
- How to set science-based, 2 degree target for your business